The Transportation Commission advises the County Board on issues related to Arlington’s streets, transit systems, pedestrian traffic, taxicabs and bicycles, as well as how each of these relate to the Master Transportation Plan.
The commission was formed in 1972 and is comprised of no fewer than seven members and no more than 13 members. The members are appointed by the County Board to four-year terms, and the chairman is designated by the County Board annually.
2021 Meeting Schedule
Watch on TV or online: Transportation Commission meetings are streamed live on Comcast Channels 25 and 1085 and on Verizon FiOS 39 & 40. Streamed meetings can be viewed here during the meeting and are archived.
|Jan. 25||Joint Planning Commission-Transportation Commission meeting on Parking|
How to View and Participate in a Virtual TC Hearing
Virtual Transportation Commission hearings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Commission members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams. Participants will receive an email with further instruction.
- The public may view a live broadcast of this meeting with closed captioning on Comcast Xfinity channels 25 and 1085; Verizon FiOS channels 39 and 40.
- The meeting can be viewed online with closed captioning at arlingtonva.us or on YouTube.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the County website two business days after the meeting.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance.
- Sign-up online to speak during the public hearing by 5:00 PM the day before the hearing.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- Submit written comments online to the Transportation Commission. Comments received by 2:00 PM on the day of the hearing will be provided to the Commission in advance of the public hearing.