The School Board’s adopted FY 2019-28 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) includes two projects at the Career Center site:
- Arlington Tech Expansion for 250 high school seats to be completed by start of school Sept. 2021 bringing the total capacity of Arlington Tech to 600 seats.
- Career Center Expansion Project to be completed in two stages: athletic field and parking garage by start of school 2023 and 800-seat addition with performing arts facility by start of school Sept. 2025
The PFRC process will begin in Sept. 2019 and is expected to end in Aug. 2020.
Time: 7:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
|Sept 17||Joint PFRC/BLPC||Agenda||Presentation|
|Oct 2||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
|Oct 15||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
|Oct 29||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
|Nov 20||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
|Dec 3||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
|Dec 18||Joint PFRC/BLPC|
- Arlington Public Schools (APS) Project Page
- Career Center Working Group
- Career Center Working Group Final Report
- Career Center Background
The Career Center, an existing Arlington Public School (APS) property located near Columbia Pike, will be expanded by 700-800+ seats by 2022. The School Board approved planning for the expansion and a long-range site plan is currently being developed for consideration. The County Board and School Board created a joint working group that will evaluate the Career Center site and recommend how to develop in phases to accommodate additional high school capacity, associated facilities, and community amenities.
- Nov. 2017: Career Center Working Group (CCWG) charge adopted and members appointed.
- Dec. 2017: CCWG commences work.
- Mid-2018: CCWG shall submit a progress report and/or meet with School Board and County Board in a work session.
- Aug. 2018: CCWG will submit a final report to the School and County Boards. At the latest, the CCWG must conclude its work by the end of August 2018 to inform the next phase of planning.
- Sept. 2018: The Building Level Planning Committee (BLPC) and Public Facilities Review Committee (PFRC) begin planning processes to design the 800+ additional seats.
- 2022: Building to open