The Public Facilities Review Committee (PFRC) was established by the County Board as a mechanism for advisory commissions and committees to have timely input on the development of County and schools projects prior to public hearings. Its mission is to ensure that the highest quality of land use planning, design, transportation planning and other important community aspects are incorporated into civic projects. It developed the Principles of Civic Design in Arlington to inform the design of civic facilities in Arlington and to ensure they meet community goals for attractiveness, durability and functionality.
PFRC members are recommended by their respective Commissions and, with the exception of Planning Commission members, are appointed by the County Board for staggered two year terms. The PFRC Chair may designate additional PFRC membership in consultation with staff and the County Board for Project Specific Members.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, at this time, all meetings will convene virtually. The PFRC schedule below will be updated regularly to identify the discussion topic.
|Date||Project||Agenda & Staff Report||Meeting Materials|
|Feb 17||Arlington Transit (ART) Bus Operations & Maintenance Facility||Presentation Slides|
How to View and Participate in a Virtual PFRC Meeting
Virtual PFRC meetings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Group members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information will be provided on the Committee’s webpage at arlingtonva.us. (link will be posted in chart above prior to the meeting start)
- Live captioning is available when using the Microsoft Teams App. Please download the free Microsoft Teams App onto your computer and test it prior to the meeting. You must be using the Teams App and be logged in in order to use the live captioning feature. For further instruction on how to join a Teams Meeting, you can visit the How to Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting video.
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the Committee’s webpage two business days after the meeting.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, contact the committee liaison, Brett Wallace, email@example.com