Established in 1956, the Arlington County Planning Commission (PC) is a citizen advisory board authorized by the Virginia State Code. It promotes the orderly development of Arlington County and its environs by advising the County Board on development and use of land, facilities and zoning.
2021 Public Hearings
|PC Hearing||PC Carryover||CBO & Recess Meetings||PC Rep. at the CBO|
|Mon. Jan. 11||Wed. Jan. 13||Sat. Jan. 23
Tue. Jan. 26
|Mon. Jan. 25
PC/TC Work Session
|This was a special work session with the Transportation and Planning Commissions.|
|Mon. Feb. 8||Wed. Feb. 10||Sat. Feb. 20
Tue. Feb. 23
|Mon. March 8||Wed. March 10||Sat. March 20
Tue. March 23
|Mon. April 5||Wed. April 7||Sat. April 17
Tue. April 20
|Mon. May 3||Wed. May 5||Sat. May 15
Tue. May 18
|Mon. June 7||Wed. June 9||Sat. June 12
Tue. June 15
|Tue. July 6||Wed. July 7||Sat. July 17
Tue. July 20
|August – no meeting||August – no meeting||August – no meeting||August – no meeting|
|Wed. Sept. 8||Thurs. Sept. 9||Sat. Sept. 18
Tue. Sept. 21
|Mon. Oct. 4||Wed. Oct. 6||Sat. Oct. 16
Tue. Oct. 19
|Mon. Nov. 1||Wed. Nov. 3||Sat. Nov. 13
Tue. Nov. 16
|Tue. Nov. 30||Thurs. Dec. 2||Sat. Dec. 11
Tue. Dec. 14
*To be assigned
How to View and Participate in a Virtual PC Hearing
Virtual Planning Commission hearings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Commission members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information is provided on the Commission’s webpage prior to the meeting start. (see chart above)
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- The public may view a live broadcast of this meeting with closed captioning on Comcast Xfinity channels 25 and 1085; Verizon FiOS channels 39 and 40.
- The meeting can be viewed online with closed captioning at arlingtonva.us or on YouTube.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the County website two business days after the meeting.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, contact the Planning Commission Clerk, Gizele Johnson: Gjohnson@arlingtonva.us ; 703-228-0095.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance:
- Sign-up online to speak during the public hearing by 5:00 PM the day before the hearing.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- To register by phone, contact the Planning Commission Clerk, Gizele Johnson: 703-228-0095.
- Submit written comments online to the Planning Commission. Comments received by 2:00 PM on the day of the hearing will be provided to the Commission in advance of the public hearing by the Planning Commission Clerk.
- Past Planning Commission Documents