The Neighborhood Complete Streets Commission advises the County Board with respect to the adoption, implementation and review of the Neighborhood Complete Streets Program, which aims to transform Arlington’s neighborhood streets to the Complete Streets model as described in the Master Transportation Plan Streets Element. The Neighborhood Complete Streets Program is intended to (1) make streets safe for all users of all ages and abilities, including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and other users and (2) preserve or enhance neighborhood character and desired community attributes.
This commission meets the third Monday of most months, starting at 7:30 pm. Meetings begin with a public comment period and the public is welcome to attend. Confirm time and location details in the meeting agenda. Meeting notes will be posted when approved by the Commission.
|April 15, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 20, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 17, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 19, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 16, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 21, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 18, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 13, 2020||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 10, 2020||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 16, 2020 CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19|
|July 8, 2020 ONLINE MEETING||Agenda||Video|
How to View and Participate in a Virtual NCSC Hearing
Virtual NCSC hearings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Commission members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams. Participants will receive an email with further instruction.
- The public may view a live broadcast of this meeting with closed captioning on Comcast Xfinity channels 25 and 1085; Verizon FiOS channels 39 and 40.
- The meeting can be viewed online with closed captioning on YouTube.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the NCSC webpage two business days after the meeting.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance.
- Sign-up online to speak during the public hearing by 3:00 PM the day of the hearing.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- Submit written comments online to the Neighborhood Complete Streets Commission. Comments received by 2:00 PM on the day of the hearing will be provided to the Commission in advance of the public hearing.