NRJAG is comprised of members from 3 commissions.
Park and Recreation Commission members:
- David Howell
- Colt Gregory
- Julie Mullen
Mission: The PRC Commission makes recommendations on the coordination, efficiency, safety and quality of park and recreation facilities, programs and services; and manages the process for small park grants and various recognition’s.
Urban Forestry Commission members:
- Caroline Haynes (Chair)
- Phil Klingelhofer
- Evelio Rubiella
Mission: The UFC Commission provides the County Board with advice and recommendations to improve the health and sustainability of Arlington’s urban forest including:
- Programs and policies for the planting and maintenance of trees on public property,
- The preservation or restoration of trees and other native vegetation in wooded parks and other County-owned natural areas, and
- The preservation and planting of trees associated with development and infrastructure improvement projects.
The UFC also helps facilitate recommendations contained in Arlington’s Urban Forest Master Plan (UFMP). In addition, the commission promotes the planting and maintenance of trees on private property, assisting with public education and outreach through programs such as Tree City USA, Arbor Day, and the Tree Canopy Fund Grant Program.
Environment and Energy Commission (E2C2) members:
- Claire O’Dea
- Teresa Leonardo
- Gabriel Thoumi
Mission: The E2C2 Commission reviews and advises on environmental and energy conservation issues, including:
- The County’s natural environment quality based on the interrelationships among air, water and land.
- Energy conservation in public and private buildings.
- Environmental issues impacting residents’ health.
- County projects impacting the environment.