Latest News and Updates
JFAC enters Phase 3 of Use Determination Process for Buck, Carlin Springs Properties
At their joint work session on June 27, 2017, the County Board and School Board directed staff and the Joint Facilities Advisory Commission to further study three scenarios: one at the Buck site and two at the Carlin Springs site. This further study, Phase 3 of the Use Determination Process as defined in the Community Facilities Study, requires more detailed analyses of the use considerations developed by JFAC. Learn more here.
JFAC News Archive
Collection of older informational items documenting JFAC’s work, including:
- Briefing on bus parking and operations
- Virginia Hospital Center land deal
- Status Report: Phase 2
- Buck, Carlin Springs scenario feedback
The Joint Facilities Advisory Commission (JFAC) is an advisory body jointly appointed by the County Board and the School Board. This was a recommendation within the 2015 Community Facilities Study. The mission of the JFAC is to provide input to the Boards on capital facilities needs assessment, capital improvement plans and long range facility planning for both the Arlington County Government and Arlington Public Schools.
The JFAC organizational structure currently includes two subcommittees — the Buck Subcommittee and the Carlin Springs Subcommittee. All committee and subcommittee agendas, meeting documents and minutes are posted in the table below as they become available.
- Community Facilities Study
- Arlington Facilities Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP)
- Adopted FY 2017 – FY 2026 County Capital Improvement Plan
- School Board Adopted FY 2017 – FY 2026 Capital Improvement Plan (APS CIP)
- Adopted County FY 2017 Budget
- School Board’s Adopted Budget 2017
- County Demographic Profile 2016
- Arlington County’s Comprehensive Plan
- October 1, 2016 Joint Work Session
- JFAC – Public Comment and Feedback
- Roundtable Wrap-Up: Full Report | Key Themes | Messages
Behind the Scenes: Trades Center
It takes a lot to keep a world-class community running. Join JFAC member Rodney Turner for a behind the scenes tour of the Trades Center, home to many of the County’s essential operations and support functions.
A Feb. 11 bus tour helped JFAC members and interested residents familiarize themselves with several sites around the County and provided an up-close-and-personal look at some of the County’s essential operations and support needs. Read more here.