Technology Advisory Commission Purposes
- Advises the County Board on the following:
- Technology issues to maintain the County as a 21st-century information and education center
- County IT systems security
- Improvement of County services through IT
- Green and Smart buildings and infrastructure
- Emergency and disaster communications
- Nonregulated information systems, including Internet, CLEC, satellite and wireless communications
- New information or telecommunications system effectiveness and efficiency
- Cable TV and entertainment systems
- Assists by providing information regarding technology industry regulations
- Reports and Materials
6:00 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
Information Technology Advisory Commission (Tech Commission)Commission Meeting via Microsoft Teams due to COVID Crisis
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MEETING:
Meetings – Advisory Groups & Commissions (arlingtonva.us)
2100 Clarendon Blvd. Room 311
Arlington, VA 22201
FOR INFORMATION ON FUTURE AND PAST MEETINGS: https://commissions.arlingtonva.us/events/
|Jan. 27||ITAC Agenda 27 JAN 21||January Meeting Recording||MIN ITAC JAN 27 2021|
|Feb. 24||ITAC Agenda 24 FEB 21||February Meeting Recording||MIN ITAC FEB 24 2021-FINAL|
|March 24||ITAC Agenda 24 March 21||March Meeting Recording||MIN ITAC MAR 24 2021|
|April 28||Tech Commission Agenda 28 April 21||April Meeting Recording||MIN ITAC APR 28 2021|
|May 26||Tech Commission Agenda 26 May 21||https://youtu.be/-zcE_CWn2ro|
|June 23||Tech Commission Agenda 23 June 21||https://youtu.be/-pG2dOU3IwY||MIN ITAC JUNE 23,2021|
|July. 28||NO MEETING|
|Aug. 25||Tech Commission Agenda 25 August 21|
|Sept. 22||Tech Commission agenda 22 September 21|
Commission meetings are open to the public, and the Commission hears public comments relating to Commission issues at the beginning of each meeting. To send an email comment to the Commission, contact Commission Chair Mary Crannell.
Note: Meeting dates and locations are subject to change; check with Staff Liaison Richard Archambault to confirm meeting details or to receive an updated agenda.
ITAC consists of 13 members appointed for three-year terms. The County Board designates the Commission’s Chair annually in December.
Note: Appointment term end dates follow each member’s name.
- Richard Archambault, Staff Coordinator
- Mary Crannell, Chair
- Frank Jazzo, Vice Chair
- Jonathan Adelstein
- John Burke
- Michael Carleton
- Philip Caughran
- Joshua Farrar
- Dr. William Lang
- Martha Moore
- Kevin Robins
- Jacqueline Snelling
- Gary Thayer
- Andrea Wingo
County Board Liaison: Takis Karantonis
*Vacancies with dates occur when a member has left the Commission. Replacements serve out the remainder of the term.