COVID-19 UPDATE: Beginning March 21, 2020, to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, OHR is operating remotely and will not be providing walk-in or in-person services.
How does this impact our physical locations?
Beginning March 21, OHR will be available for service via our website, phone and email only. Currently, in-person or walk-in service is not available.
How you can access our services:
Discrimination Complaint Submission: Discrimination complaint questionnaires may be submitted to OHR through the online questionnaire on the OHR website at https://topics.arlingtonva.us/human-rights/. Alternatively, you may contact Anna Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-305-3153 or Aruna Minhas at email@example.com or 571-305-3417. At this time, all interviews will be conducted virtually.
Case Status Updates: Please contact the staff person assigned to your case for any updates at the information provided above.
Accommodation Requests: For questions regarding Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance or accommodation requests, please contact Courtney Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-288-3559.
Coronavirus: Information You Should Know. Misinformation about coronavirus can create fear and hurt people. Please find more information on the county’s website at https://health.arlingtonva.us/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/.
Coronavirus doesn’t recognize race, nationality, or ethnicity. If you experience discrimination, please contact the Arlington County Office of Human Rights. We are stronger when we stand together.
The Human Rights Commission receives, investigates and conciliates complaints — free of charge — from those who believe they have been victims of unlawful discrimination. The Commission’s investigative and hearing processes usually result in complaints resolution. If necessary, the Commission can, with County Board approval, seek enforcement of its decisions in court.
Meetings & Minutes
Meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- HRC October 10, 2019 Minutes
- HRC September 12, 2019 Minutes
- HRC July 11, 2019 Minutes
- HRC June 13, 2019 Meeting
- HRC May 2019 Meeting Minutes
- HRC March 2019 Minutes
- HRC February 14, 2019 Minutes
- HRC January 2019 Minutes
Reports and Special Events
- “EEO is the Law” English poster
- “EEO is the Law” Spanish poster
- ADA Accommodations
- LGBTQIA+ Resources in Arlington
- Fact Sheets
- Human Rights Brochure
- Folleto de derechos humanos
- Human Rights Ordinance: Arlington County Code, Ch. 31
- EEO Complainant Notification of Rights (Internal/Applicant)
- EEO Complainant Notification of Rights (External)
- Alexandria Human Rights Commission
- Fairfax County Office of Human Rights and Equity Programs
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission