Coronavirus: Information You Should Know. Misinformation about coronavirus can create fear and hurt people. Please find more information on the county’s website at https://health.arlingtonva.us/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/.
Coronavirus doesn’t recognize race, nationality, or ethnicity. If you experience discrimination, please contact the Arlington County Office of Human Rights. We are stronger when we stand together.
In the County, it is unlawful to:
- Discriminate because of race, national origin, color, marital status, sex, gender identity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or familial status (being pregnant or having children under age 18)
- Retaliate against any person who opposes discriminatory practices
- Discriminate in the sale, rental or financing of housing or commercial real estate; the provision of public accommodations; applications for or offers of credit; enrollment in private educational institutions; and employment
Meetings & Minutes
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Human Rights Commission meeting schedules and format have changed. At this time, confirmed meetings will convene virtually.
How to View and Participate in a Virtual Human Rights Commission Meeting
Virtual Human Rights Commission meetings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Commission members, staff, and public comment will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams. The link to the meeting will be posted at least one week in advance.
- The public may also submit written comments to the Commission using this form.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the County website two business days after the meeting.
- The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- HRC June 10, 2021 Recorded Meeting
- HRC May 13, 2021 Recorded Meeting
- HRC April 8, 2021 Recorded Meeting
- HRC March 11, 2021, Recorded Meeting Part 1|HRC March 11, 2021, Recorded Meeting Part 2
- HRC February 11, 2021 Recorded Meeting
- HRC January 14, 2021 Recorded Meeting
- December 2020-no meeting held
- HRC November 30, 2020 Special Meeting
- HRC November 12, 2020 Recorded meeting
- HRC October 8, 2020 Recorded Meeting Part 1| HRC October 9, 2020 Recorded Meeting Part 2
- HRC September 10, 2020 Recorded Meeting
- HRC August 13, 2020 Recorded Meeting
- HRC July 7, 2020 Recorded Meeting
- June 2020-no meeting held
- May 2020-no meeting held
- April 2020-no meeting held
- March 2020-no meeting held
2020 Meeting Minutes
- HRC Sep 2020 Minutes
- HRC Aug 2020 Minutes
- HRC July 2020 Minutes
- HRC Feb 2020 Minutes
- HRC Jan 2020 Minutes
2019 Meeting Minutes
- HRC October 10, 2019 Minutes
- HRC September 12, 2019 Minutes
- HRC July 11, 2019 Minutes
- HRC June 13, 2019 Meeting
- HRC May 2019 Meeting Minutes
- HRC March 2019 Minutes
- HRC February 14, 2019 Minutes
- HRC January 2019 Minutes
Reports and Special Events
- Fair Housing Testing Reports
- James B. Hunter Awards
- Tiffany Joslyn Human Rights Forum
- Human Rights Events