The Housing Commission is an all-volunteer, County Board-appointed, 13-member citizen advisory group responsible for advising the County Board on housing policy issues and funding allocations.
Meetings are typically scheduled monthly, prior to County Board meetings. To be included on the email distribution list for meeting agendas, contact Joel Franklin.
|Date and Agenda||Location||Meeting Materials|
|Jan. 16||Room 311||Approval of Notes – Action
Introductory Remarks from the Chair – Information
Digital Equity Action Plan – Information
Missing Middle Housing Study Scope of Work– Information
|Feb. 13||Room 311||Approval of Notes – Action
Arlington View Terrace – Action
FY 2019 Affordable Housing Master Plan Annual Report – Information
FY 2021 Budget Recommendations – Information
2020 Housing Commission Workplan – Information
|Approval of Notes – Action
Crystal City PDSP/1900 Crystal Drive Site Plan – Action
1401 Lee Hwy (Key Bridge Marriott) Site Plan – Action
Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Recommendations – Action
2020 Housing Commission Workplan – Action
Columbia Pike Neighborhoods Form Based Code Housing Amendments – Information
|July 9 at 7 p.m.||View meeting recording||Approval of Notes – Action
Columbia Pike Neighborhoods Form Based Code Cash Contribution Housing Amendment – Action
Columbia Pike Neighborhoods Form Based Code Area Median Income Limits for Ownership Units – Information
Rental Assistance and Eviction Prevention Update – Information
|No August Meeting||N/A|
|Sept. 3 at 7 p.m.||View meeting recording||Approval of Notes – Action
Fort Henry Gardens Subordination Agreement – Action
Update on Eviction Prevention Efforts – Information
Remarks from the Chair – Information
Housing Commission Charter – Information
2021 Housing Commission Workplan – Information
|Tentative: Oct. 8||Room 311|
|Tentative: Nov. 5||Room 311|
|Tentative: Dec. 3||Room 311|
How to View and Participate in a Virtual Housing Commission Meeting
Virtual Housing Commission meetings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Commission members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information will be provided on the Commission’s webpage at arlingtonva.us. (link will be posted in chart above prior to the meeting start)
- Closed captioning is available for this meeting by viewing it through the Microsoft Teams free app.
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the County website two business days after the meeting.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, contact Joel Franklin: email@example.com ; 703-228-7949.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance.
- Sign-up online to speak by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- To register by phone, contact Joel Franklin: 703-228-7949
- Submit written comments online to the Housing Commission. Comments received by 12 noon on the day of the meeting will be provided to the Commission in advance.