The Field Fund Working Group (FFWG) has concluded its work on evaluating and recommending updates to the existing Field Fund. Please see the Field Fund Working Group Final Report July 13 2021. The final recommendations of the FFWG can be found on page 14 of the report.
On July 22, the Sports Commission Unanimously (12-0) approved the Field Fund Working Group Recommendations.
Field Fund Working Group Timeline
|9/30/2020||Agenda||Meeting 1 Presentation|
|10/21/2020||Agenda||Meeting 2 Presentation|
|11/05/2020||Youth League Check-In||Youth Sports Notes|
|11/11/2020||Agenda||November Meeting Notes|
|12/9/2020||Agenda||Meeting 4 Presentation
December Meeting Notes
|1/13/2021||Meeting 5 Presentation|
- Examine fee setting methodology for recently set DPR fees including: The Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center Membership Fees, the Pool Use Fee implemented by DPR in FY 2020, and current gymnastics and swimming team fees.
- Examine details of these fees including their structure and levels and make recommendations on factors to be considered when setting these fees including hours of field use, field type, and length of seasons.
- Examine the previous implementation of field fund projects and assess their impact on athletic fields and field users.
- Complete benchmarking of neighboring jurisdictions and peer cities used in the Public Spaces Master Plan (PSMP) to determine if current fees assessed are comparable with regional and national trends.
- Study field use time by recreation and travel players and determine if a sliding fee scale is appropriate for different age groups and uses.
- Study field use time during the year and determine the number and duration of “seasons” for which fees should be assessed to Arlington sports leagues
- Following examination of previous field fund implementations, recommend uses of funds collected from the player assessment fee, and their impact on athletic fields and field users.
- Determine the most effective implementation of funds collected from the player assessment fee with a mind towards increasing field maintenance levels in Arlington.
- Establish new player assessment fees or recommend no change in current fee levels.
- Establish criteria for implementation of the field fund in the future.