Ellen M. Bozman Government Center (Courthouse Plaza)
County Board Room (3rd floor)
This is a virtual public meeting to be held through electronic communication means.
- Note all meeting dates are tentative until an agenda is posted.
- View applications, upcoming hearing dates, and filing deadlines on the BZA webpage.
- View agenda, recordings, and all other meeting materials on the BZA Meeting Materials page.
How to View and Participate
At this time, all BZA public hearings are held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. Meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Board members, staff, applicants, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/ videoconference via Microsoft Teams. Participants will receive an email with further instruction.
- The public may view a live broadcast of this meeting with closed captioning on Comcast Xfinity channels 25 and 1085; Verizon FiOS channels 39 and 40.
- The meeting can be viewed online with closed captioning at arlingtonva.us or on YouTube.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the County website within two business days after the meeting.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance:
- Sign-up online to speak during the public hearing by 12:00 p.m. on the day of the hearing.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- To register by phone, contact the Board of Zoning Appeals Coordinator at 703-228-3562 by 12:00 p.m. the day of the hearing.
- Submit written comments online to the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA). Comments received by 12:00 p.m. on the day of the hearing will be provided to the BZA in advance of the public hearing by the BZA Coordinator.