The Human Rights Commission receives, investigates and conciliates complaints — free of charge — from those who believe they have been victims of unlawful discrimination. The Commission’s investigative and hearing processes usually result in complaints resolution. If necessary, the Commission can, with County Board approval, seek enforcement of its decisions in court.
Meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m.
- ADA Accommodation Request
- Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
- Fact Sheets
- Human Rights brochure
- Folleto de derechos humanos
- Human Rights Ordinance: Arlington County Code, Ch. 31
- Percentage of Complaints and Inquiries
- James B. Hunter Awards
- Alexandria Human Rights Commission
- Fairfax County Office of Human Rights and Equity Programs
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission